At Mitchell Hayes, our mission is to help people going through a divorce to arrive at an equitable division of their assets and debts and devise a financial plan for their post-divorce journey. As the founder of Mitchell Hayes, I spent the first 25 years of my career in corporate finance, where you are required to follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). I started at an entry level and achieved the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for several privately held companies with annual revenues up to 60 Million. As CFO, part of my job was to ensure that the numbers are presented accurately, completely, and honestly. These numbers are reviewed by outside auditors to ensure they are accurate and complete. I have been honored to have been audited many times by firms such as Grant Thornton, Deloitte, and KPMG where no issues were identified.
Divorcing clients deserve the same level of transparency, care, accuracy, and honesty that is applied in business. As emotional as a divorce can be, the harsh reality is that divorce is about money and children. Mitchell Hayes focuses on the monetary aspects by utilizing:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge and training of the legal financial aspects of divorce
- Understanding of the short and long term impact of financial decisions related to the divorce settlement
Our analysis provides an accurate and complete picture of the couples’ financial life and is presented to them in a way that provides them with clarity to make necessary financial decisions.
We provide our clients with:
- Marital Balance Sheets
- Income analysis for self-employed clients or those with large variances from year to year
- Analysis of the assets owned and the income provided by family owned businesses and creative suggestions for how to include those findings in the settlement
- Pension valuations
- Child support calculations
- Alimony analysis
- Reconciliation of questionable financial matters
- Net worth graph
- Cash flow graph
- Budget reports for post-divorce planning
If child support or alimony are a factor, Mitchell Hayes will make recommendations based on the couple’s unique situation and lifestyle. The ultimate goal is to help both parties have a path forward that will allow them each to have a fresh start.
In limited divorce cases, couples cannot agree and end up in court. When this happens, couples are no longer free to decide their own fate. Their fate rests in the hands of the presiding judge. In those cases, Mitchell Hayes will provide schedules and backup documentation that will allow the judge to make informed decisions based on facts.
Divorce is a very difficult process. Mitchell Hayes would be honored to guide you through the financial aspects as your Divorce CFO and CDFA. Give us a call at 470-725-0455 or email us at Begin@mitchellhayes.net.